Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holiday Wishes to all!

Happy Holidays!

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season as it slips out of our grasp -- yet again another season is nearly gone!

My mom is going well in Oak Hill and enjoyed her Christmas.  My dad, my boyfriend and I brought her Christmas dinner (and presents!) and celebrated our Christmas at Oak Hill.  My mom also delivered her own Christmas gift to us by walking 12 (assisted) steps this week!  She's a fighter and is really ready mentally to come home -- just working on the physical part now.

Our local Rhode Island chapter is taking some steps of its own as well!  Jim Bornac has volunteered to create and maintain a website for our local RI chapter.  This is wonderful news and provides a great way to keep everyone updated with the latest news, meetings, and events scheduled for our chapter.  I'm in the process of working with Jim to add content to the website so check back soon -- I'll be posting the link to the website.

This year, the Vasculitis Foundation has moved their awareness week from September to May.  With that said, I've been thinking about planning an awareness and fundraising event for May.  With Spinning so near and dear to my heart, I've been thinking about a Spin-a-thon of sorts.  To facilitate this event, Peter Vasconcellos of Spin-Works has agreed to host our event in one of his Spinning studios.  Details for this event are still in the works so check back soon as I'll post the details here!

So, as the holiday season is ushered out, 2009 is ushered in with some exciting activities to look forward to!  If you have some time and would like to help out at our awareness and fundraising event, please contact me at kellyb947@cox.net.  

No comments: